Thanks to our friend Danijel_rs from XDA-Developers Forums, now it is possible to upgrade your Telenor One Touch 990 from Android version 2.2.2 to 2.3.4 (GingerBread)!!!
If you follow this step-by-step tutorial, you should be running your phone on 2.3.4 within 15 minutes, or less
This tutorial covers installing Marina ROM!!!
Downgrade is currently NOT POSSIBLE!!!
- Both author and me are not responsible for any damage that may happen during the procedure, nor for warranty void that is caused by rooting your device!!!
- When you try to enter ClockworkMod recovery – if you forget to press Home button, or release it to early, a HARD RESET will be performed, it will wipe all data from phone memory (not from SD card).
You should backup entire SD card, just in case something goes wrong
After doing that, follow the instructions from this tutorial:
Now you have Android 2.3.4 on your Alcatel (Telenor) One Touch 990
But, remember – it’s not rooted, so we are going to do that as well!
After completing the steps from Danijel’s tutorial, you should install ClockWorkMod recovery by using fastboot.
This can be simply done by following these steps:
- Get this file from XDA:
and unzip it to (for example) C:\cwm
- Disconnect your USB cable from phone
- Turn off your device
- Enter the fastboot mode:
- Press and hold Volume Down button
- While holding Volume Down, press and hold the Power Button
- Phone will vibrate – release Power Button and keep holding Volume Down
- With Volume Down button pressed, connect your USB cable
- Wait for approximately 3 seconds, release Volume Down button
- Screen will be black, and 3 buttons above the Home button will be white
- Now, you’re in the Fastboot Mode
- From your computer, go to C:\cwm and run install.bat file
- When it finishes it’s job, the command prompt window will close and the phone might reboot
- Disconnect your usb cable
That’s all about installing ClockworkMod recovery. Now, you can easily root your Android 2.3.4 Alcatel OT-990
If you want to continue using stock Telenor 2.3.4 ROM, you should root your phone. It can be done easily, follow steps below:
- Download SuperUser srcipt from here:
- Copy entire zip (don’t unzip it) into the phone SD card
- Enter ClockworkMod recovery:
- Disconnect USB cable and turn off your phone
- Press and hold Volume UP
- While holding Volume UP, press and hold Power button
- Phone will vibrate – then you should do this:
- keep holding Volume UP
- release Power button
- IMMEDIATELY PRESS HOME BUTTON!!!
- keep holding both Volume UP and Home buttons until Android green Logo dissapears
- release Volume UP and Home
- Wait for CWM to boot, then you should choose:
install zip from sd card
- Reboot your phone
- Now, your 2.3.4 is rooted
Now, we will install Marina ROM! Now it’s time to say a BIG THANK YOU to our friend Gulyuk.s from XDA-Developers, who made this possible
- Download Marina ROM from here:
- don’t unzip it or do anything with the zip, just copy it to your phone’s SD card
- enter ClockworkMod recovery (Look at Step 3)
“install zip from sd card“
- Stand by as your new, amazing rom flashes
- When it finishes, disconnect USB cable andreboot your phone
- First boot might take a while, and when it’s done – screen will be black – don’t be afraid of this, GUI will load soon
- Now you have Marina ROM on your Telenor One Touch 990 with Android 2.3.4
If you are stuck, or in any trouble, feel free to contact me by posting a comment below, or to chat live with me (if I’m online ) by clicking that orange bubble on the bottom right of this page – I’ll try to help each of you